Chester Metal Special is a universal two-component epoxy-metal thixotropic composite. The material contains modified epoxy-novolac resins, metallic and fibre fillers. It is designed for filling, rebuilding and joining metal surfaces operating at elevated temperatures. Cures at room temperature.
Examples of recommended applications:
- stopping leaks in central heating systems
- rebuilding of worn bearing seats
- reconstruction of worn journals for rolling bearings
- stopping leaks in tanks, cracked bodies, e.g. engines, and leaks in all welds
- restoration of truncated threads and damaged splineways
- sealing of cast iron, steel and non-ferrous metals
- rebuilding of corroded heat exchanger bottoms
- repair of embedded elements in concrete.
- resurface of flanges
- bonding, pasting.
For complete technical information see the Technical Data Sheet (TDS).
|Mixing ratio: (Base : Reactor) by weight / by volume||5,5:1 / 3:1|
|Working life (at 20°C)||55 min|
|Time to machining (at 20°C)||9 hours|
|Full chemical resistance (at 20°C)||after 7 days|
|Maximum working temperature||160°C|
|Heat deflection temperature (DIN53462)||103°C|
|Compressive strength (ISO 604)||145 MPa|
|Flexural strength (ISO 178)||90 MPa|
|Shear strength for steel (ISO 4587)||20,1 MPa|
|Impact strength (ISO 179)||6,7 kJ/m²|
|Package size||1 kg|